Other Information

Private Medical Services

Medical examinations for life assurance, pre-employment medical, HGV licence etc, and completion of private medical forms are undertaken by arrangement with the doctor who you usually see at the surgery. These and certain other services are not covered by the NHS and will attract a fee which has been recommended by the British Medical Association. Please contact reception for an appointment and advice regarding the fee.

Zero Tolerance

This practice considers aggressive behaviour to be any personal, abusive or threatening comments, bad language, physical contact and aggressive gestures. In keeping with the rest of the NHS, we operate a 'zero tolerance policy' with respect to the protection of all staff. This means that no abuse of doctors or staff is acceptable whether verbal or physical and any patient behaving in such a manner will be removed from the practice list with immediate effect. In some cases the police will be informed.

Freedom of Information

This website has been prepared to comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. If the information that you require is not here, please contact the practice and we will try and assist you.

Northern Health and Social Services Board

Details of primary medical services in the area may be obtained from:

HSCB Northern Office, Directorate of Integrated Care, County Hall,
182 Galgorm Road, Ballymena BT42 1QB
Tel: 028 2531 1140.

When Bereavement Occurs

If the death happens at home please telephone the doctor to come and certify the death (the doctor will tell you when the medical certificate of death will be available).

If the death is sudden the doctor may not be able to give you a death certificate, but will instead ask a coroner to be involved.

After death in hospital a member of staff will explain to you when to collect the medical certificate of death and when the undertakers should arrive.

Telephone your funeral director and give him instructions. You can discuss the funeral arrangements with him later.

Go to the Registrar of Births and Deaths (Ardeevin) during office hours, taking with you:

  • The death certificate (get extra copies needed for closing bank accounts etc)
  • The NHS card
  • Pension book if applicable
  • Birth certificate if possible

You will be asked:

  • The full name (and maiden name) of the deceased
  • His/her place and date of birth
  • His/her occupation (and the occupation of the widow(er))
  • His/her usual address
  • The name and date of birth of the widow(er).

You will be given a death certificate by the registrar.

Local Services, Let